See this guy at the top there, see how next to his name it says “House Of Representatives,” this dude does PUBLIC RELATIONS for a US Representative. Like c’mon.
And possibly the funniest thing, the article he’s so mad about, mad enough to publicly embarrass himself by asking for one of our editors’ suicide note? It’s a post called 84 Things Not On An Everything Bagel.
Oh, and here’s the best part, he’s a government worker, so these are publicly available:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone 202-225-5541
Some people, am I right?
BuzzFeed editors can’t take the criticism of public comments, turn into a doxing lynch mob. Stay classy you guys.
i think there’s a difference between criticism and telling someone to kill themselves. i also think we’re too lazy to actually do anything about this guy other than say “hey, that’s not cool.”
Seeking out and posting his phone number with an added “go get ‘em” is pretty low. People are going to talk shit. People are gonna tell you to kill yourself, especially when you work for such a massive megasite. Welcome to the Internet. But when that massive megasite then doxes you, that’s way worse than some single asshole doing the same thing.
If I doxed every commenter that has said something shitty about me on a post I would have no time left. Yeah, screenshot it and point and laugh (nvr4gt every time someone makes a “meme librarian? do you tell them to shhhh?” comment or that time someone signed up for the site just to PM me to berate me with fat jokes) but who cares? The internet is full of trolls and that’s just what people do. There are so many readers and commenters on Buzzfeed, why give a shit about the bad ones? You should be focusing on building the good parts of your community so they’ll stand up for you when shitty commenters are jerks.
On that note, I love you KYM community.
edit: Newsweek just reblogged the OP. Do Newsweek reporters dox their critics too?
This guy should obviously think twice about what he posts under his real name, but since when did it become okay to retaliate by posting the guy’s info all over? Bullying a bully is not cool.
- braiker likes this
- jacob likes this
- heller likes this
- c456rider likes this
- aquaticmechanic likes this
- ifilikeityoulikeit likes this
- etalex likes this
- icharos reblogged this from mydamnchannel
- visually-inebriated likes this
- twatdoyoumean reblogged this from newsweek
- jonjohns65 likes this
- bubbybobble likes this
- ithinkiwillgotoboston reblogged this from presidentjonesco
- farfalline likes this
- curmudgeonlaine likes this
- kaylaruth reblogged this from newsweek
- diamondandbroad reblogged this from lolcalnews
- throwingstyx likes this
- lolcalnews reblogged this from newsweek
- lolcalnews likes this
- senormachosolo likes this
- thgiledelirium reblogged this from newsweek
- chromacle likes this
- pizza-jpg reblogged this from learnhowtodance and added:
- dallasmorningnews likes this
- twatmakesyoubeautiful2 reblogged this from shawarmanatural
- gloomycutie likes this
- noisezilla likes this
- clutchlog likes this
- ekstasis likes this
- rebeccas likes this
- reneektaylor reblogged this from newsweek and added:
- dottielou reblogged this from newsweek and added:
- dottielou likes this
- feelingthatibelonged likes this
- fatflagrantfeminist reblogged this from heyheyjen
- strunkandwhite reblogged this from ryanhatesthis
- allthoseships reblogged this from ipomoeaj and added:
- wanderlustandtethers likes this
- evan likes this
- possibilitygirl likes this
- missbananafish reblogged this from ipomoeaj
- fiercesyrian reblogged this from mydamnchannel
- nic-eoin likes this
- sourbunni likes this
- thatssojessy reblogged this from noteoftruth
- noteoftruth reblogged this from newsweek and added:
- radomanci likes this
- livelongandpizza likes this
- markkamary likes this